Hiring for SeaWide, a division of LKQ Specialty
Salary Range: $50,000 - $65,000 DOE
What can LKQ Specialty do for YOU?
LKQ provides its employees with more than a job; we provide them with a career. Our company believes in offering its employees the opportunity to learn and grow using competitive training programs, coaching, communication, and collaboration. This empowers our employees, further allowing them to pursue both functional and upward mobility within the company. LKQ Specialty also offers:
- Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, & Employee Assistance Programs
- Strong 401K with generous company match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Company Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible to make referrals immediately after first day
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discount Program
- And More!
Who is LKQ Specialty?
We are the leading distributor of specialty marine, automotive & RV aftermarket parts and accessories, and we have developed a culture of family that has allowed our business to grow across the globe.
With our more than 2,000 employees, we strive to reflect this culture by living our values of Commitment, Customer Service, Execution, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, & Fun. Through these values, we’ve been able to provide our employees with the tools they need to succeed. That’s because when you succeed, we succeed at our goal of delivering the products that people need when they need them!
The Associate Buyer position is a key role within the Category Management Team. An enthusiastic self-starter with a strong drive to improve existing processes and systems. Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance immediate/long term priorities and exceptional multitasking skills are a necessity. Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted customer service levels (out-of-stock percentage), managing inventory targets (turns, inventory quality, stock adjustments, etc.) and increasing product margins.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
- Analyze sales and margin data, along with market intelligence, to identify business opportunities for each assigned line.
- Work with cross-functional partners (Sales, Pricing, Marketing, Operations, PMD, etc) to implement meaningful business changes based on above analysis.
- Create close partnerships with suppliers ensuring that SeaWide is first-to-market with new product information and unique buying opportunities.
- Master each vendor’s distribution program and strategize best practices to optimize each program, including show orders, promotions, rebates, co-op allowances and pricing opportunities.
- Place daily purchase orders based on sales analysis and forecasting tool.
- Balance inventory across multiple distribution centers to reduce cross shipment cost.
- Increase sales for each assigned vendor while maintaining healthy inventory turns and margins.
- Adjust item forecasts in iPurchasing system to effectively plan future buying requirements.
- Identify product shortages and revise forecast and purchase orders accordingly.
- Reduce slow moving and overstocked inventory through price adjustments, stock adjustments, promotions, RMAs and/or transfers.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Self-starter: Ability to work responsibly and autonomously in a high-volume wholesale distribution business.
- Strong work ethic.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational, prioritization, and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify and proactively propose system and process improvements.
- Driven to hit performance metrics.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to be resourceful.
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Adapt well to the changing environment of a rapidly growing business.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with ERP systems preferred.
- Experience in marine industry is a plus.
- Amazon buying experience a plus.