The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure all parts are delivered in a timely cost-efficient manner and in good condition to our clients. This individual is responsible for maintaining all the resources associated with on-time deliveries (Employees and Equipment). Assists with hiring, training and re-training of new and current employees. Assist with daily manifest check-in as needed. Plans, communicates follow’s up and reports all work associated with on-time delivery of parts.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 40 hours a week with odd Saturday
Essential Job Duties:
• Assist with the complete Delivery Process.
• Plan all truck routes and ensures that all runs are properly balanced. Ensures that trucks are properly loaded and that all associated documentation is prepared and completed. (Delivery Manifests, Credit Manifests, Invoice copies). Assigns COD and collections tasks and assigns rover(s) to appropriate areas.
• Lead and Communicate Priorities – Responsible for starting work shift with drivers, sets daily work priorities and effectively communicates expectations. (i.e. required customer signature on invoices)
• Effective follow-up; Handles any issues or difficulties drivers may encounter during their work hours.
• Summarize thru reports all delivery activities (Number of deliveries, delays, explanations for delays corrective actions.) using and reporting all aspects of the Roadnet driver optimization software and system.
• Focus on driver’s safety compliance, Roadnet performance, and driver/vehicle Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements.
• Comply with established company policies and procedures.
• Initiate and support the continual improvement of LKQ’s quality improvement program.
• Successful completion of annual training as assigned.
• Ensure drivers operate in compliance with applicable rules and regulations set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
• Assumes other duties as assigned.
Lead the work of others who perform essentially the same work. May set priorities, schedule and review work, but have no responsibility to hire, terminate, review performance and/or make pay decisions.
Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
• At least one-year related driving experience
• Prior supervisory experience
• Post-secondary education
• Must have a clean driving record and be up-to-date on all LKQU safe driving courses
• Administer the safe driving program to all delivery personnel.
• Proficiency with smartphone and/or tablet to navigate mobile applications.
• Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of both Word and Excel.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment::
• Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends.
• This position requires individuals to occasionally be on their feet except when operating machinery, or company vehicle.
• Must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly.
• Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand heights of more than 15 feet.