Auto sales experience a plus. Must work evenings and weekends.
A&A has grown to be an industry leader in the automotive industry. Our 54 year presence in Pennsylvania has established us as "PA's Original Speed Shop." We are currently hiring a Retail Counter Salesperson for our Berwick, PA location. As Retail Counter Salesperson, you will be the first point of contact for our walk in customers, be responsible for phone sales, and coordinate in-house orders—all with the goal to achieve A&A's excellent customer service.
What you’ll do:
What you’ll need:
- Maintain friendly and frequent contact with all customers coming to counter for sales, implementing suggestive selling, as appropriate and assists with problem solving and maintaining open communication.
- Order any out of stock, special order items, create purchase orders, transfers, and follow up with customers by phone calls to completion of invoice.
- Maintain orderly files and clean records of all transactions, as well as accurate cash drawer.
- Observe changes in inventory as to insure minimum stock levels and store showroom appearance is appropriate
- Works with warehouse personnel to insure tickets are printed and parts are pulled in a timely fashion to insure customers’ parts are ready in a timely fashion to achieve A&A's excellent level of customer service.
- Solicits new accounts using every means available to seek out new business and rebuilds old accounts by researching former customer listings.
- Initiate and support the continual improvement of A&A's quality improvement system.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
What We Offer:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- College coursework desired.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Prior automotive experience preferred.
- Knowledge of automotive parts.
- Must have a strong customer service background.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Impeccable comprehension and customer relation skills.
- Must be able to operate computer, copier, fax machine, and Microsoft Office Software.
- Must be able to work under pressure comfortably and in an environment where frequent interruptions may occur.
- May be required to move and lift up to 75lbs.
LKQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a drug free work environment. Employment with LKQ is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check* and may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
*The existence of criminal conviction(s) does not constitute an automatic bar to employment.
- First-class training in a world-class contact center.
- Industry leading parts knowledge training.
- Career enhancement opportunities across the organization, both functionally and geographically.
- Highly transferable leadership and service skills.
- Generous employee benefit packages, including strong 401K and employee discount programs.
- Travel opportunities and auto event participation.