The world’s leading distributor in aftermarket automotive and RV parts and accessories, Keystone Automotive Operations, Inc., is currently looking to hire an Engineering Technician
for our Wilsonville, OR
location. As Engineering Technician, you will perform research and development functions on products such as generators, electric jacks, etc. This position is expected to communicate and write professional evaluations of the products and the tests they conduct.
What you’ll do:
- Examine and evaluate products, determining the pros and cons of each.
- Define test criteria then design and build fixtures for testing and inspecting.
- Fabricate and test new and existing products.
- Assemble, design, and use test equipment (i.e. fixtures, jigs, gages, and etc).
- Troubleshoot electrical and basic electronic equipment.
- Review product, determine how it works, what it’s weaknesses are, and develop suggestions on how to improve it.
- Review existing documentation and product label content when updates are needed.
- Create new documentation such as quality control sheets, operation instructions, technical bulletins, etc.
- Perform quality inspections and review of product label content.
What you’ll need:
LKQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a drug free work environment. Employment with LKQ is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check* and may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening. *The existence of criminal conviction(s) does not constitute an automatic bar to employment.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Welding and machining experience.
- The ability to read engineering drawings.
- Great communication, spelling, grammar, writing, and typing skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD Software.
- Above average skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Mechanical and/or electrical background.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills.