The Outside Sales Manager for the Southwest Region is responsible for traveling the regional territory (southern CA, AZ, & NV) to meet with existing customers and foster new accounts in the territory. He or she must offer superior customer service, be able and willing to make cold calls to existing and new customers and take the initiative to better SeaWide Distribution’s market position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
• Self-starter: ability to work responsibly and autonomously in a high volume wholesale distribution business
• Willing and able to travel 4 days out of every week
• Proper entry of quotes, orders, handling of RMA’s, etc. as necessary using a remote computer
• Work with supervisor to manage sales effort in the regional territory and nationwide as required
• Excellent communication skills
• Valid driver’s license for the state where employed, good driving record, with personal auto insurance
• Extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Exhibits initiative by identifying areas for improvement in shipping/receiving, operation, customer service, sales and marketing, with ability to present solutions to management
• Strong work ethic.
• Dependable and punctual
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Candidate must have high school diploma or general education degree (GED); College degree desirable, 3-5 years related marine electronics sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk/ hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds.
Job Type: Full-time