Our HR Coordinators are vital to our DC (Distribution Center) operation. HR Coordinators provide guidance, support, and coordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures and practices of the Human Resources. Administers and coordinates general office services and related activities.
Essential Job Duties:
Employee Relations for warehouse & delivery associates (multiple shifts):
- Applicant Screening, Interviewing, & Managing Onboarding process through ATS (Applicant Tracking System)
- Responsible for documenting attendance, PTO, & timecards
- Assist with Payroll related issues
- Be familiar with & prepared to assist with employee Benefits
- Document, file & assist with managing Workers Comp Claims and FMLA related issues
- Coordinate employee disciplinary issues with HR Department for resolution and action
- Respond to general HR related inquiries from employees
Manage and coordinate office activities:
- Hire, train, and supervise admin support staff
- Manage general services, including purchasing of office supplies, mail distribution, office equipment maintenance and repair, facility related issues
Maintain contact with outside vendors and suppliers regarding office and facility needs
Gather, organize and summarize data and information for reports to management.
Implement and maintain general office systems, procedures and methods, directing a combination of activities including:
- Record retention
- Preparation and control of common and administration expense/budgets
Provides Employee Relations support to Cross Dock (delivery hub) managers (responsibilities listed in #1).
- Travel to each regional cross dock (delivery hub) is required quarterly. Trips are typically 1 – 3 days long.
Assumes other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Human Resources.
- Have prior office management experience.
- Prior experience in Distribution Center / Warehouse environment is a plus!
- Comprehensive understanding of Human Resources law, and employment law.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources, ability to provide unbiased evaluations to all personnel, knowledge of employee benefits.
- Should possess excellent communication skills and have an ability to maintain a good working relationship with others.