MUST SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND FRENCH
Keystone is the world's leading distributor of aftermarket automotive parts and accessories, providing next-day delivery of 300,000+ SKUs from over 800 suppliers. Our customer base reaches across the US, Canada, as well as supplying customers in 40+ countries around the world. We are currently hiring for new full time delivery drivers in our St Bruno, QC.
location and are looking for dedicated, friendly professional to deliver a word class experience to our customers. These opportunities come with a competitive wage, excellent benefit package, room for growth and career enhancement opportunities within a Fortune 500 company.
Job Summary: Operates a Company vehicle to deliver product to customers. Manually loads and unloads delivery truck, verifies parts loaded and unloaded, collects payments from customers, obtains signatures from receiving locations confirming accuracy of parts unloaded/loaded and delivers returned items back to the branch. Our uniformed drivers are equipped with air- conditioned 18 ft cube vans to make daily deliveries to our customers.
Essential Job Duties:
- Drives a Company vehicle in a safe, courteous and responsible manner avoiding traffic violations and accidents.
- Physically loads Company truck at the branch and verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest and other paperwork associated with the deliveries to be made.
- Drives to the delivery destination and physically unloads the truck, verifies parts unloaded, obtains signature of receiving location confirming the accuracy of parts shown on the order and those received and signs off on the integrity of what was loaded at the location.
- Makes proper notations on the manifest and provides receipts on parts being returned from customers to the branch.
- Picks up buy out purchase orders from vendors on vendor “fill in” purchase orders and delivers parts back to the branch or customer.
- Collects accounts receivable, as necessary.
- Works in such a manner as to prevent shortages and damage to products.
- Complies with established Company policies and procedures.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. Some college coursework is desired. Minimum of six months driving and warehouse operations experience. Possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record. Must qualify for Corporate insurance programs, including vehicle insurance. Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations when/as required. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Possess comprehensive knowledge of replacement parts for the aftermarket collision repair industry. Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with the Company’s warehouse and delivery methods, techniques and procedures. Possess the ability to perform basic math calculations, interpret road maps, effectively communicate on an interpersonal verbal basis and proficiently use telephones. Must be able to work in cooperation with others. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments. Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: This position requires sitting, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, climbing and ascending/descending stairs. Requires sitting for relatively long periods of time, while driving. It also requires frequent bending, climbing, movement and lifting of up to 75 pounds during physical loading/unloading of trucks and when stocking products.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.
LKQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a drug free work environment. Employment with LKQ is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check* and may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening. *The existence of criminal conviction(s) does not constitute an automatic bar to employment.