We are currently hiring a Category Manager. This position is available at one of our five North American locations (Mississauga, ON, Exeter, PA, Greensboro, NC., Flower Mound, TX., Eastvale, CA). The opportunity comes with a competitive wage, excellent benefit package, room for growth and career enhancement opportunities within a Fortune 500 company.
The Category Manager is accountable for sourcing over 250,000 products from over 700 vendors across all warehouses. As a part of the Category Management team, determining what to source, from whom, negotiating necessary sales and marketing agreements, securing inventory and determining the most efficient means of assisting sales teams in merchandising and selling our products. In addition, training sales force and customers to sell the product to the end user. The Category Manager will partner with sales and share responsibility for the sales and profitability of the category lines.
Essential Job Duties:
Working with different internal and external groups to make sure his/her knowledge base and decisions are timely and on the mark. Responsible for:
Education & Experience:
- The Category Manager maintains excellent knowledge of their assigned market space including the customers, vendors, their geographies and the products.
- S/he will lead a team of professionals to develop and execute category plans for her/his assigned categories that deliver maximum results for Keystone Automotive.
- The Category Manager is the primary force behind supplier relationships and is responsible for developing and maintaining highly effective strategic alliances with these suppliers for mutual benefit.
- S/he also works closely with buyers, to ensure that the right products are stocked appropriately in our distribution centers and available on demand at the right price for our customers.
- The candidate will collaborate closely with her/his sales peers to develop the optimal product mix recommendations for the category.
- Conduct monthly category reviews utilizing both internal and external data sources to determine right product assortment
- Optimize warehouse and store level product inventory via accurate and timely forecasting (X # of SKUs)
- Conduct regular retail pricing benchmarking and analysis to set prices that maximize Keystone’s sales and profit margin
- Support all marketing and operational initiatives
- Institute systems and processes to improve productivity
- Initiate and support the continual improvement of Keystone Automotive Industries’ quality improvement system.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Product Management, equivalent trading or entrepreneurial role with 2+ in a leadership position.
- Category management experience with a Retail Chain or Wholesaler /Distributor environment
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint programs
- Requires comprehensive knowledge in strategic sourcing and procurement, marketing and merchandising, and working capital management.
- Strong leadership capability – able to motivate direct reports and influence those who don’t report directly
- Knowledge of Sales/Sales processes a plus
- Financial acumen; comfortable analyzing trend and profitability data
- Hands on negotiating experience
- Fluid multi-tasking abilities and large workload capacity a must
What We Offer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or related field
- Experience in the industry a plus
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in English is a professional manner
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to handle conflict in a mature and diplomatic manner
- Competitive Wage
- Excellent Benefit package
- 401k with generous company match
LKQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a drug free work environment. Employment with LKQ is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check* and may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening. *The existence of criminal conviction(s) does not constitute an automatic bar to employment.