Job Summary: Making and receiving calls to and from an established customer base, solicitation of business, selling and supporting marketing programs, introducing new products to customers, entering orders in DOS system, look up for parts and prices in the computer based cataloging system. Sales Rep plays a key role in providing superior customer service while increasing sales volume, attaining sales and marketing goals and maintaining an acceptable profit margin.
Essential Job Duties: -
- Drive sales growth and profitability in a defined territory by understanding the requirements of the customers and suppliers. -
- Sell the KAO portfolio of products and related services and identify target customers. -
- Effectively manage time and account base to maximize selling efforts during the work day. -
- Manage product mix in order to increase profitability and increase market share. -
- Utilize and maintain sales desktop tools to coordinate daily selling efforts and review customer metrics.
- Update customer contact information with KAO operating system, maintain mailing lists, and track call frequency on a daily basis.
- Attend manufacturer training seminars to gain increased knowledge in various areas
- Interact with category management to drive specific vendor programs and expand new and existing markets. -
- Identify and assist outside sales with the conversion of competitively held accounts to KAO.
Basic Qualifications -
- Automotive background or industry enthusiast -
- Telephone sales experience 2-5 years in a related industry -
- Documented track record of exceeding sales goals -
- Experience in establishing customer relationships -
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written -Proficient in Microsoft Office products -
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines -Strong analytical skills
Education & Experience: -BA/BS or equivalent work experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Excellent communication skills both oral and written
LKQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a drug free work environment. Employment with LKQ is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check* and may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening. *The existence