JOB TITLE: Distribution Outbound Supervisor--Eastvale, CA
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for all outbound/shipping operations within the distribution center.
This position is responsible for leading a team of hourly Distribution Center Associates. Reports directly to the DC Operations Manager and is part of the leadership team for the Texas Distribution Center. This is a great opportunity to lead a growing team in a high volume, order fulfillment, multi-shift distribution center and to make a significant impact. The DC Supervisor will provide leadership, set a positive example, promote 5S, ensure work disruption is at a minimum, and actively lead the completion of the daily workload. While doing so, the DC Supervisor will have the opportunity to learn both the entire value stream of the facility and to learn the fundamentals of supervision and leadership at Keystone. In addition to coaching associates to achieve production and meet quality standards, the Distribution Center Supervisor will be responsible for conducting team meetings, monitoring and tracking budget performance, and documenting and assessing associate performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Accountable for leading the Shipping associates to deliver business results needed to meet Business Plan objectives while maintaining the desired Keystone Values.
- Supervises all outbound associates, assigns tasks and duties on a daily basis.
- Responsible for training and coaching of all assigned associates.
- Comply with all safety standards and policies to assure a safe and hazard-free workplace.
- Implement and maintain strict 5S program.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by operations manager and director.
- Responsible for working with Customer Service to assist in resolving issues related to order fulfillment and shipping complaints.
- Document and maintain shipping procedures.
- Work with other shift supervisors & team leads to evaluate and adjust picking and shipping capacity in order to maintain proper balance and work flow to meet daily deadlines.
- Responsible for improving and maintaining pick accuracy using ProRep.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to direct reports.
- Maintain associate's records (attendance, coaching, development, training,)
- Must have train, coach, and mentor experience, attitude, and philosophy.
LKQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a drug free work environment. Employment with LKQ is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check* and may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening. *The existence of criminal conviction(s) does not constitute an automatic bar to employment.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a warehouse/distribution position.
- AS400, Kronos, ProRep, and FedEx ship systems a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in business, logistics, industrial engineering, or related field.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Must have flexibility to work overtime, including weekends when necessary.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- This position requires constant walking, standing, pushing, pulling, bending, and climbing for long periods of time in a warehouse environment.
- Should not have any lifting restrictions and be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Regularly exposed to moving parts, high & low temperatures, and moderately loud noise level in some areas.
- Proven leadership skills are a must with an emphasis on excellent communication and organization skills, employee development skills, and team building. Ability to recruit, retain, motivate, develop and recognize a team of diverse individuals.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to drive results. Ability to operate on tight deadlines with multiple priorities subject to frequent changes.
- Professional, with the ability to communicate with external and internal customers at all levels.
- May require minimal travel to other facilities for training and assistance with projects.